Heirloom Herb. Genovese Basil seeds are a great addition to any herb garden. You will make perfect pesto every time with this very popular basil variety! There is a very spicy taste just waiting to get out of the large, 5 cm (2″) long, luscious looking dark green leaves. This variety is quite slow to bolt.
How to Grow
600 seed/gram. Do not rush planting. As Basil loves warm soil and warm temperatures, it will languish if temperatures are below 15 C (60 F). Sow seed directly outdoors in a sunny site with average soil in late May and June. Plant seed 4 mm (3/16″) deep and 6 mm (1/4″) apart. Thin to 25-30 cm (10-12″) apart in the garden. Seed can also be started indoors in a soil-less mix 4-6 weeks before last frost date. Keep temperature at 21 C (70 F) for the 7-10 day germination period, then grow on at the same temperature before hardening off and transplanting outside after the danger of all frost has passed.
Genovese Basil Seeds
- We offer free pickup at our facility 23901 Hwy 12, Sunderland ON L0C1H0 or flat rate shipping of $17.99 on all live plant online orders
- It is $17.99 because it’s 2 day once we ship it and because we want the LIVE PLANTS to get there as fast as possible and more care has to be taken
- At this time we can only offer shipping to Ontario residents
- We take great pride in what we grow, we guarantee that all plants are in good condition at the time of shipping and at the time of delivery
- Plants that are being shipped are done so through Xpresspost TM 2 business days (guaranteed) *Although we try to get your order shipped as quick as possible there may be delays in the process due to external factors such as weather, because of this we ask you allow 1-2 week shipping times
- For your plant’s sake we do not ship after 12:00 pm Wednesdays or over weekends to insure delivery before weekends