Heirloom Herb. Oregano seeds produce a plant that is a well-known member of the mint family. It is a mainstay in Italian, Spanish and Mexican cuisine. Oregano is also used in herbal tea and of course goes hand-in-hand with most tomato dishes. Greek oregano is also known as winter marjoram or Griechischer oregano.
Perennial hardy to Zone 5 with winter protection.
How to Grow
7000 seed/gram. Sow seed directly outdoors in a sunny site with average soil in mid-to-late May or again in mid-August through to mid-September. In spring, seed can also be started indoors in a soil-less mix 6-8 weeks before last frost date. Keep temperature at 21 C (70 F) for the 7-14 day germination period, then grow on at a slightly cooler temperature before hardening off and transplanting outside after the danger of frost has passed. Sow seed 6 mm (1/4″) deep and 3 mm (1/8″) apart then thin to 20 cm (8″) apart in the garden.
- We offer free pickup at our facility 23901 Hwy 12, Sunderland ON L0C1H0 or flat rate shipping of $17.99 on all live plant online orders
- It is $17.99 because it’s 2 day once we ship it and because we want the LIVE PLANTS to get there as fast as possible and more care has to be taken
- At this time we can only offer shipping to Ontario residents
- We take great pride in what we grow, we guarantee that all plants are in good condition at the time of shipping and at the time of delivery
- Plants that are being shipped are done so through Xpresspost TM 2 business days (guaranteed) *Although we try to get your order shipped as quick as possible there may be delays in the process due to external factors such as weather, because of this we ask you allow 1-2 week shipping times
- For your plant’s sake we do not ship after 12:00 pm Wednesdays or over weekends to insure delivery before weekends